STC Chicago Technical Communication Competition
Each year, STC Chicago hosts a technical publications competition that is aligned in format and judging with the STC International Summit Awards (ISA) comeptition. The competition is an invaluable opportunity for technical communicators and their teams to…
- Receive recognition for outstanding work effort
- Receive detailed feedback from multiple peer reviewers
- Help provide visibility for the high quality found in our profession
- Help confirm professional standards for our work
Enter the Competition – 2017 Call for Entries
Judge the Competition – 2017 Call for Judges
- Submission deadline is October 27, 2017
- Judging will take place from November 11, 2017 through early January, 2018
- Results will be sent to submitters by the end of January, 2018
Who is eligible to enter?
Anyone, member of STC or not, is eligible to submit entries to our competition. You can enter work you completed or you can submit an entry on behalf of a colleague or subordinate. The entry must have been produced or substantially revised within the 24 months prior to September 1, 2017 and cannot have been submitted previously to any STC competition.
What kinds of materials can I enter in the competition?
The categories for entries are:
- Training Materials
- Informational Materials
- Promotional Materials
- User Support Materials
All media types are valid for entry in each of the categories (Help, printed manuals, .pdf documents, Websites, videos, etc.).
How many winners are there?
In the competition, each entry is evaluated on its own merit and therefore there is no limit to the number of winners. Only entries that are deemed “above average” and that meet the award standards set by STC receive an award. The award levels are:
- Distinguished – Clearly superior in all defined areas
- Excellence – Consistently meets high standards in all defined areas
- Merit – Consistently meets high standards in most defined areas
Top entries from each category are eligible for Best in Show.
Note: The STC International Summit Awards competition will not take place in 2018 and therefore, winners of the 2017 STC Chicago Technical Communication Competition will not move on to another competition.
What if I have more questions?
For more information on the competition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BylineOur bi-monthly newsletter, Byline, contains chapter events, messages from our officers, and exciting announcements!
Read our latest issues >>
Join Our Mailing ListNews! Networking! Contests! Get the STC Chicago newsletter (and the occasional hot announcement)!
Society for Technical CommunicationSTC Chicago is a chapter of the Society for Technical Communication.