STC Chicago Technical Communication Competition
Each year, STC Chicago hosts a technical publications competition that allows you to have your work judged by your peers against the standards of excellence in Technical Communication. The competition is an invaluable opportunity for technical communicators and their teams to…
- Receive recognition for outstanding work effort
- Receive detailed feedback from multiple peer reviewers
- Help provide visibility for the high quality found in our profession
- Help confirm professional standards for our work
Enter the Competition – 2020 Submissions will open in August or September 2020.
Judge the Competition – Contact Competition@stc-chicago.com
Schedule – TBD for 2020
- Submission deadline is TBD
- Judging will take place from TBD
- Results will be sent to submitters by TBD
- Awards will be presented at the annual STC Chicago Recognition and Awards Banquet in March 2021
Who is eligible to enter?
Anyone, member of STC or not, is eligible to submit entries to our competition. You can enter work you completed or you can submit an entry on behalf of a colleague or subordinate. The entry must have been produced or substantially revised within the 24 months prior to September 1, 2020 and cannot have been submitted previously to any STC competition.
What kinds of materials can I enter in the competition?
The categories for entries are:
- Training Materials
- Informational Materials
- Promotional Materials
- User Support Materials
All media types are valid for entry in each of the categories (Help, printed manuals, .pdf documents, Websites, videos, etc.).
How many winners are there?
In the competition, each entry is evaluated on its own merit and therefore there is no limit to the number of winners. Only entries that are deemed “above average” and that meet the award standards set by STC receive an award. The award levels are:
- Distinguished – Clearly superior in all defined areas
- Excellence – Consistently meets high standards in all defined areas
- Merit – Consistently meets high standards in most defined areas
Top entries from each category are eligible for Best in Show.
Note: The STC International Summit Awards competition has been discontinued. Therefore, winners of the STC Chicago Technical Communication Competition will not move on to another competition.
What if I have more questions?
For more information on the competition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.