***Postponed until further notice***
**tentative new date: Thursday, June 18, 2020**
On Thursday, March 19, 2020 STC Chicago will hold its 48th Annual Volunteer Recognition and Awards Banquet. This is a night for us to recognize the volunteers who shared their talents and time with our chapter membership, and we will also present awards to those honored for their entries in the 2019 STC Chicago Technical Communication Competition.
This year the banquet will be a special night in another way—we will be celebrating the STC Chicago Chapter’s 65th anniversary!
Please join us for an evening of celebration as we honor those who support our Chapter through their devoted volunteer time. STC Chicago’s competition entrants produce some of the best technical documentation, training, promotional material, and informational communication, and you won’t want to miss this opportunity to see what’s trending in technical communication.
We hope to see you there! We will have some special anniversary keepsakes to share, so be sure to register early so we can get an accurate count.
REGISTER NOW and save a seat!
Thursday, March 19, 2020. **tentative new date: Thursday, June 18, 2020**
6:00 – 9:00 pm
Texas de Brazil
5 Woodfield Mall
Schaumburg, IL 60173
STC Chicago members – $20
Other STC members – $30
Students – $20
Non-members – $35
- 50-item salad area featuring various selections of crisp greens, fresh vegetables, imported artisan cheeses, charcuterie, and hot side dishes
- Garlic mashed potatoes, sweet fried bananas, and Pão de Queijo (Brazilian cheese bread)
- Various cuts of expertly seasoned and grilled selections of beef, lamb, pork, chicken, and Brazilian sausage carved table side
- Non-alcoholic beverages: fountain soda, regular coffee, and regular iced tea with complimentary refills
- Dessert: Bananas Foster Pie or Key Lime Pie (available to take home)
*Reminder…per restaurant rules and Health Department regulations, all dinner food must be eaten in the restaurant and cannot be taken home (the only exception to this: dessert can be taken home).
We’d like to give a very big THANK YOU to Ken Cook Co. for being a Gold Sponsor for this year’s Banquet and to LavaCon for being our 12-month Friends of STC Chicago sponsor!