*** Submissions OPEN through Oct. 1, 2021 ***
STC’s Chicago Chapter annual Technical Communication Competition has begun, and we need your entries.
Although this is a competition, each entry is evaluated on its own merit. Judges will provide detailed feedback on an assessment form. Some of the reasons to participate in the Technical Communication’s Competition are to
- Establish professional standards for our work
- Provide visibility for our profession
- Recognize outstanding work effort of technical communication professionals
The categories for entries are
- Training Materials
- Informational Materials
- Promotional Materials
- User Support Materials
What can be entered?
- Contain sufficient technical, scientific, medical, or similar content to qualify as technical communication
- Have been produced or substantially revised within 24 months preceding September 1 of the current year
- Have been originally prepared for and accepted for publication by a client, employer, or publisher
The submission and payment deadline is October 1, 2021 11:59pm CDT).
- $50 for STC Chicago chapter members
- $75 for other STC members
- $25 for full-time students
- $100 for non-STC members*
*Note to non-STC members: If you join STC in September or October of 2021, you’ll be able to take advantage of a pro-rated/discounted membership fee. In addition to all basic membership benefits, you’ll be able to take advantage of member rates for the competition.
Where do I submit my entries?
Electronic entries are preferred, but not required. Send electronic entries (files or links), along with one completed entry form, and a copy of your payment receipt (or a reference to your payment receipt number and payment amount) via email to
Each entry packet must include 4 copies of the application and 4 copies of your entry, and 1 copy of your payment receipt.
Ship your packet of physical entries to:
STC Chicago Competition
6S001 County Glen Dr.
Naperville, IL 60563
NOTE: There will be no International Summit Awards (ISA) competition in 2022. Therefore, winners of the 2021 STC Chicago Technical Communication Competition will not move on to any other competition.